As a freelance writer, you definitely need to have a website that displays everything from contact information to a bio to samples. While this may sound foreign to you, as it did to me early on, it is not nearly as bad as you may think. If you are having a hard time deciding on a hosting company, let me make the decision for you: work with BlueHost.
I have worked with no less than five hosting companies over the years, and BlueHost blows them all away; at least from my perspective. There are several reasons that I feel this way.
1. I find it hard to believe that there is a better customer service team than BlueHost. Not only are they available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, but they always answer your questions accurately and efficiently. I have found their live chat feature to be helpful no matter what time of the day it is. A few weekends back I had an issue with a problem that I caused on my own, and despite the fact that it was Sunday I was walked through the solution step by step.
The bottom line is that freelance writers do not always have good technical skills. When you can rely on a customer service rep to help you through the rough times, it makes life much easier.
2. You can host an unlimited number of domains with a BlueHost account. A few years ago this may not have been a big deal to me, but it is a huge selling point now. I currently have several blogs and websites, and am always adding to this list. With the ability to host unlimited domains, I never have to worry about any problems in this area.
3. Price! What more can I say? Even if you have a lot of money, you donâ€™t want to spend more than you have to on web hosting. With BlueHost you can take advantage of a large list of features for $6.95/month. You may be able to find something for a few dollars cheaper, but it is safe to say that the features will not stack up.
If you are in the market for web hosting, or need to make a change because your current service is not up to par, give BlueHost a try. You will definitely be glad with this decision in the end!
Choosing a hosting provider is one of the most difficult decisions that a webmaster must make. This is obvious by the large number of people who are always on the prowl for a new hosting company. Luckily, I chose BlueHost the first time around, and they have been great since day one.
There are two things about BlueHost that really appeal to me. First off, their customer service team is unlike none other. Personally, I love their live chat feature which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The great thing about the BlueHost live chat is that the representative will answer just about any question you ask; within reason of course. In fact, I have asked questions in the last week that have more to do with WordPress and less to do with hosting, and the rep was more than happy to answer my inquiry.
Additionally, BlueHost uptime has to be among the best in the industry. While I do not have any stats on this, I can tell you one thing. As far as I know, this blog has never seen any downtime. And if it has, it has only been for a few minutes here or there.
If you are looking for a new hosting solution, or want to start your own blog, BlueHost is the way to go. For me, it does not get any better than top notch customer service combined with near 100 percent uptime!
When starting a blog one of the most important decisions that you need to make is what host you will use. While many people get started on a free blogging platform, I do not advise this. After all, you want to be in complete control at all times.Â
Although I made many early mistakes, I have finally decided that BlueHost is the best hosting company for my blogs. This is not to say that they are better than the competition, but in my opinion they have everything that a blogger could be looking for.
Here are three reasons that I use BlueHost for hosting my blogs.
1. From my experiences, there is no better customer service team out there in the hosting industry. This is the one thing that I was really interested in when searching for a new host, and BlueHost has never disappointed. I use their â€œlive chatâ€ feature time after time, and there is always a ready and willing representative to assist me. Since I lack technical skills, being able to have a BlueHost rep walk me through certain processes is a huge help.
2. When you sign up with BlueHost you will get a free domain name forever! This is not a huge deal, but for new bloggers it is a definite benefit. It is nice to get something for free when you open an account, and there is nothing better than the potential of a domain name.
3. For $6.95/month you can get a decent hosting package that will probably suit the needs of your blog; at least during the beginning stages. This price includes 300 gigabytes of hosting space, 3,000 GIGS of transfer, 2,500 POP email accounts, and much more.
If you are ready to start a blog or website, or are having a hard time with your current host, check out BlueHost.